How to Improve CoolSculpting Results?
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive process that freezes and destroys stubborn fat cells, helping you contour specific regions without undergoing surgery. For the best CoolSculpting results, it is important to follow the appropriate aftercare instructions. The CoolSculpting specialists at Assure Wellness Group can help you make the most of your treatment by providing you with the tools you need for long-term results. For more information, please feel free to contact us or request an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you in Chesapeake VA, Alexandria VA, Surf City NC, and Jacksonville NC.
Table of Contents:
CoolSculpting can provide amazing weight loss results, and to get the biggest benefit out of this treatment, it is important to follow the after-care recommendations. To receive the best results, many patients have to make lifestyle changes, such as eating less and exercising more. Understanding the effects that CoolSculpting has on the body can help to get the most benefit out of the treatment.
The CoolSculpting procedure is based on a technique known as cryolipolysis, the process of freezing fat cells in the treated area until they crystallize, causing them to die off—a process known as apoptosis, or programmed cell death. The body naturally consumes fat and removes dead cells over time; therefore, much of the process occurs naturally. To mobilize the fat that has been liberated from the damaged fat cells, a massage is performed following a CoolSculpting treatment.
The first visit often includes an assessment. As part of the assessment, the doctor will review the patient’s desired goals as well as confirm their suitability for the procedure. After the doctor has confirmed the patient’s condition, they will perform the procedure using a handheld device. The device has applicators that resemble the nozzles of a vacuum cleaner. After applying a gel pad and applicator to the targeted area, the applicator delivers controlled cooling to the targeted fat. While administering suction and cooling technology to the target area, the provider will then move the device over the skin.
Overall, the procedure involves minimal pain, however, it is common to experience some feelings of pulling and pinching during the process. To break up any frozen deep tissue, immediately after treatment, the provider will massage the treated areas. While some people complain that this massage is slightly uncomfortable, this process helps the body absorb the destroyed fat cells.
The two best ways to get the most out of each session are to plan meals (diet) and start an exercise routine. While most of the work falls in the hands of the treatment provider, because of the differences in metabolism, genetic makeup, and aftercare routine, the timeline of results will vary for other patients.
– Planning Meals — The best thing to do after a treatment is to start putting more intention into what foods you eat. By eating fresh fruits and vegetables, high-protein meat, and whole grains, you will get more out of your treatment. Because water also plays a central role in helping to flush out unwanted fat cells from your body, increasing the amount of water you drink every day does wonders for your diet.
– Start An Exercise Routine — Your first investment in a more active lifestyle is body contouring procedures like CoolSculpting. A major part of increasing the chances of achieving more satisfying results involves starting an exercise routine after treatment because: it will equip the body with the necessary tools to naturally remove fat; it will release dopamine, the hormone responsible for feelings of fulfillment and pleasure; it will complement the new sense of confidence that body contouring delivers; and it will tone up your body, producing a tightening effect on the skin that sags from significant fat elimination.
After CoolSculpting, it is just as important to avoid some actions as it is to implement new ones. Things to avoid include:
– Lingering in high-stress environments
– Comparing your results with those of other patients
– Measuring your fat-freezing progress by weight
Visit Assure Wellness Group to get personalized guidelines to maximize CoolSculpting results. For more information, please contact us or request an appointment online. We serve patients from Chesapeake VA, Norfolk VA, Portsmouth VA, Alexandria VA, Hybla Valley, Springfield, Jacksonville NC, Half Moon, Piney Green, Surf City NC, Sloop Point, Holly Ridge, and surrounding areas. We also encourage our new and existing patients to visit us online for directions to our healthcare clinics