How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost?
Have you been considering CoolSculpting and curious what CoolSculpting cost? Learn more about the costs and benefits of Cool Sculpting. For more information, please feel free to contact us or request an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you in Chesapeake VA, Alexandria VA and Jacksonville NC.
Table of Contents:
Researching the costs of anything can be tricky as sometimes conflicting information can muddy the waters. The official CoolSculpting® website doesn’t give actual costs of treatment, it just says that they will vary depending on the number of treatments needed, the areas of concern and the individual’s goals and expectations. Other things that factor include where the patient lives, the provider, and any follow-up appointments that may be needed.
Costs will, naturally, be based on the area of the body being treated – the smaller the treatment area, the lower the cost etc, and treating multiple areas will also affect the cost. A general ball-park figure for a CoolSculpting® treatment in Virginia is approximately $750 per treatment site, but the actual cost of individual treatment plans will need to be decided between the patient and their provider of choice.
As CoolSculpting® is an elective cosmetic treatment and therefore not considered medically necessary, you will have to meet any costs incurred. There may be ways of mitigating this though – check to see if your provider is offering a special deal or discount for new patients, or if they offer financing options to help spread the cost.
Before deciding to opt for a CoolSculpting® treatment, you will have an initial consultation where you will be able to address any questions or concerns you may have. The procedure will be fully explained to you and the provider will take details of your weight gain/loss history, your overall health, and your goals. Following this consultation, you will be able to schedule your first treatment session. Any costs related to this initial visit will be set by the provider, so check these details with them when making your first appointment.
Although CoolSculpting® is touted as a safe and effective fat reduction treatment suitable for all skin types, tones, and ages there are still some requirements that have to be met in order to be considered an eligible candidate:
– Pinch at least an inch – there has to be enough “pinchable fat” (approximately one inch) for the CoolSculpting® panels to make contact. This is subcutaneous fat i.e. the fat that lies just beneath the surface of the skin and is typically found at the love handles or on the upper arms.
– Close to ideal weight – according to the American Academy of Dermatology a good candidate is one whose weight falls within the normal range for their height. CoolSculpting® is a body contouring treatment, not a weight loss option, and a body mass index (BMI) score of less than 30 is advised for most body areas.
– Targeting a trouble spot – there are specific areas of stubborn fat that won’t budge with normal diet and exercise, and that can be specifically targeted in a CoolSculpting® treatment.
– Realistic expectations – it must be understood that CoolSculpting® is not designed for weight loss or for the removal of significant amounts of fat.
– Healthy Diet and Lifestyle – while the fat cells destroyed by CoolSculpting® are gone permanently, it is still possible for the body to develop new ones. In order to maintain treatment results, the patient should commit themselves to following a healthy lifestyle including good nutrition and regular exercise.
At Assure Wellness Group we are pleased to provide CoolSculpting® procedures to those of our patients who are wanting to rid themselves of those stubborn love handles or other troublesome areas. We also offer a wide range of other services such as medical weight loss, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, treatment for sexual health issues such as erectile dysfunction or sexually transmitted diseases. For more information, please contact us or request an appointment online. We serve patients from Chesapeake VA, Portsmouth VA, Norfolk VA, Bethesda MD, Chillum MD, Alexandria VA, Springfield VA, Hybla Valley VA, Jacksonville NC, Half Moon NC, Piney Green NC, Forestbrook SC, Socastee SC and surrounding areas.