CoolSculpting is the number one choice of many people looking for a safe and non-invasive way to eliminate unwanted fat in their bodies. It is considered a less intense version of liposuction, as it minimizes the pain and recovery time. However, it will require six or more sessions to achieve your desired result.
If you are considering this method but have some questions about its effectiveness and safety, here are the things you need to know.
How Effective Is It for Weight Loss?
CoolSculpting is a breakthrough in terms of weight loss solutions. It is a procedure that can provide a person with long-lasting results. Through this process, a person’s excess fat is frozen and destroyed until it is washed away with other bodily wastes.
It uses a process called Cryolipolysis, which refers to the use of intense cold to freeze a person’s fat cells. This procedure does not require incisions. The patient will only feel cold, numbness, or a tingly sensation around the targeted area. Unlike liposuction, there is no anesthesia or stitches involved in this procedure.
This fat-freezing procedure can help a person reduce 20 to 25 percent of fat in specific areas of their body.
How Safe Is CoolSculpting?
If safety is your concern, you should know that CoolSculpting has been an FDA-approved fat reduction procedure since 2010. Since then, there have been more than five million CoolSculpting procedures performed worldwide.
- CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure that can provide the same permanent effects as traditional liposuction. It does the same job without the pain and downtime. In this process, you do not have to worry about the risk of infection from open wounds because there are none.
- CoolSculpting uses extreme temperature to break down fat cells, but this process is not harmful to the skin or its surrounding tissues. The creators of the device used for CoolSculpting designed it to use a specific temperature range that will kill fat cells without affecting other healthy cells.
- The device targets specific body parts, such as the flank, the abdomen, or the muffin top. It uses a vacuum to get the maximum amount of skin surface area, then cools the fat cells underneath the targeted skin. Fat cells are susceptible to extreme temperatures, and the procedure works by freezing these fat tissues. The body will then break down and eliminate the fat naturally—all these while ensuring that your skin stays safe.
- The device has a built-in safety feature that automatically shuts it off once the skin cells start to get too cold.
What to Expect From a CoolSculpting Procedure
Here is the usual process you can expect when undergoing a CoolSculpting procedure:
- Upon arriving for your scheduled appointment, you will be greeted by a CoolSculpting technician who will review your treatment plan.
- They will begin mapping your fat to get the most fat-reduction possible.
- Then, they will give you pillows to help you get ready and comfortable for the therapy.
- As soon as everything is in place, the technician will then position the device on the targeted skin areas.
- All you need to do is sit back and relax.
The whole procedure will take only around 35 minutes. You can even book one during your lunch break.
CoolSculpting is the best and safest way to reduce your body fat. It is a non-invasive process that will help you sculpt your body the way you want it to look. Before you book a procedure, check whether you pass the qualifications first.
Assure Wellness offers CoolSculpting in Virginia Beach. We have a team of specialty-trained health care professionals who can help you with your weight loss journey. Visit our clinic for consultation and treatment planning.