Medical Weight Loss Specialist in Chevy Chase, MD
If you are looking for a place where medical weight loss programs are offered, then contact Assure Wellness Group for your desired weight. For more information, please call us or book an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you in Chesapeake VA, Glen Allen VA, Alexandria VA, and Jacksonville NC.
Table of Contents:
What is medical weight loss?
What happens at the initial visit?
Why is it important to have long-term weight loss?
What weight loss services are offered?
Losing weight is a goal of many, yet only a fraction of people seem to actually achieve their weight loss desires. There are many reasons for this, including the constant bombardment of unhealthy foods and conveniences that minimize the need for physical activity. Fortunately, medical weight loss programs are designed to maximize results based on the patient’s unique physiology, and provide ongoing support from medical professionals that help with program adherence.
Medical weight loss is a weight loss program that is overseen and managed by a physician. Each program is custom-tailored to meet the unique needs of each patient and, based on their physiology (including metabolism), the program is designed to maximize weight loss results. These programs go above and beyond typical diets as they use a customized approach for each patient and do not follow a one-size-fits-all initiative. In addition to this, medical specialists provide ongoing support to patients which greatly aids in adherence to the program. Most importantly, medical weight loss programs are designed to instill healthy lifestyle habits for long-term and sustainable results.
The initial visit for medical weight loss at Assure Wellness Group involves:
– Complete evaluation by licensed medical providers
– Complete medical history including current medications, past and present histories, allergies and a thorough review of body systems
– Customized and computerized weight analysis including ideal weight goal, current weight, Body Mass Index (BMI) ratio of body fat to overall weight, and risk analysis in relation to heart disease
– Blood and hormonal markers which may include kidney and thyroid tests, CBC, and full chemistry
Long-term weight loss is important for a number of reasons, mainly due to its ability to reduce the risk of health complications associated with overweight and obesity. Countless fad diets promise astonishing results and remarkable quick fixes, but all too often fall short of long-term results. These diets are not designed for the long-term, and patients often see a reverse in weight loss after a few months.
At Assure Wellness Group, we offer the following weight loss services:
– Diet Pills — Diet pills come in many shapes and forms and often work by suppressing appetite. While these medications are effective, they are rarely prescribed on their own but are often used as part of a weight loss program. Some diet pills contain amphetamines, a stimulant known to suppress appetite and increase metabolic functions.
– Lipotropic Fat Burning Injectables — Injections containing fat-burning lipotropics are an effective weight loss treatment. These injectables are often used to target stubborn pockets of fat, such as around the midsection. When used in addition to other weight loss methods, lipotropic fat burning injectables can help patients lose weight and maintain a healthy body mass.
– Forskolin Energy Injections — A lesser known, yet incredibly effective treatment, forskolin energy injections are used to speed up the metabolic process, which is particularly effective in patients who have a slower metabolism, commonly seen in the older population. Used in Eastern countries for hundreds of years, forskolin has recently seen an increase in popularity in Western cultures and has several health benefits in addition to its weight loss properties.
At Assure Wellness Group, we are dedicated to providing you with all of your medical weight loss needs. Our healthcare professionals are experienced providers of medical weight loss and can help you reach your goals with an individualized weight loss plan. We serve patients from Chevy Chase MD, Bethesda MD, Chillum MD, Brookmont MD, Somerset MD, Glen Echo MD, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Hormonal Imbalance
▸ Weight Loss
▸ Sexual Health
▸ Low Testosterone
▸ Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Men
▸ Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Women