5 Things You Need to Know Before You Get CoolSculpting®
The coolsculpting procedure doesn’t require much preparation. However, it’s important to be aware of how coolsculpting works before your treatment. Read on to find more about coolsculpting. For more information, please feel free to contact us or request an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you in Chesapeake VA, Alexandria VA, and Jacksonville NC.
Table of Contents:
What Type Of Specialist Does CoolSculpting®?
How Many Times Can You CoolSculpt An Area?
How Many Sessions of CoolSculpting® Will You Require?
What is the Difference Between CoolSculpting® And Liposuction?
How Long Is The Recovery Period after CoolSculpting®?
A physician or a healthcare professional trained in CoolSculpting® will perform the procedure. A CoolSculpting® gel pad and applicator are placed on the skin of the area to be treated and left there for about an hour. The vacuum-like applicator draws in the fatty tissue and the temperature then gradually drops and begins to freeze the fat cells inside. The device is moved over the skin while administering the suction and cooling technology to the target area. Due to the non-invasive nature of the procedure, patients are able to read or watch television while the device is working and can return to their daily activities once done. The treated area will be given a quick massage to help with any numbness or slight swelling and this also helps to break down any frozen deep tissue and aids the body’s absorption of the destroyed fat cells.
There is no limit to how many times a specific area can be treated with CoolSculpting®, but it is recommended to wait a minimum of 30 days before getting a second treatment on the same area. It may be slightly more effective to wait a little while after the initial session, however, as the best results are typically seen around three months after the first treatment.
The number of CoolSculpting® sessions required to reach your goal will depend on your unique physiology and the areas to be treated but, as a general rule, most patients see a marked improvement after one to three sessions on each problem area. One session is normally enough for smaller areas, but the back or abdomen, for example, will take two or three sessions.
While CoolSculpting® and liposuction are procedures both used to get rid of unwanted fat, the key difference is that CoolSculpting® is non-invasive and liposuction is not. In other words, liposuction uses incisions, injections and possibly anesthesia whereas CoolSculpting® uses none of those things. CoolSculpting® uses a technology called cryolipolysis to freeze the unwanted fat cells – liposuction literally sucks out the fat.
Some other comparisons of note are:
– Recovery time – little to no recovery time is needed after a CoolSculpting® session; up to 5 days post-surgical recovery are needed for liposuction with the likelihood of effects lingering for weeks.
– Effectiveness and results – CoolSculpting® is able to eliminate up to 25% of fat in any given area; liposuction can remove between five to eight liters of fat in a single session, making the results much more dramatic.
– Side effects – those from CoolSculpting® include short-term skin sensitivity or bruising that usually resolve with a few weeks; side effects from liposuction can include blood clots or a reaction to the anesthesia, among others and all can be potentially much more serious.
– Time to see full results – CoolSculpting®: usually after a few weeks; liposuction: up to a few months.
– Treatments needed – CoolSculpting® can require two or three sessions to see optimal results on certain areas; liposuction is one procedure only.
There is no recovery time involved with CoolSculpting® due to its non-invasiveness. Patients are able to resume their normal daily routines straight after the treatment.
At Assure Wellness Group we are pleased to provide CoolSculpting® procedures to those of our patients who are wanting to rid themselves of those stubborn love handles or other troublesome areas. We also offer a wide range of other services such as medical weight loss, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, treatment for sexual health issues such as erectile dysfunction or sexually transmitted diseases. For more information, please contact us or request an appointment online. We serve patients from Chesapeake VA, Portsmouth VA, Norfolk VA, Bethesda MD, Chillum MD, Alexandria VA, Springfield VA, Hybla Valley VA, Jacksonville NC, Half Moon NC, Piney Green NC, Forestbrook SC, Socastee SC and surrounding areas.